Tuesday 30 April 2013

FF Let Me Love You - Part 3



Part 3 


Maya stormed out leaving Khushi to her living hell and banged on her own daughter's door, Payal who was sound asleep made an annoyed face as she heard her mom banging down her door, she looked at the guy sleeping next to her, oblivious to all the commotion, she hated to wake him up but she knew she had to, she was about to call him but then it struck her that she couldn't even remember his name !!
She shoved him awake and asked him to put on his clothes, thats when he realised that someone was waiting outside the  door...
As soon as Payal opened the door, Maya walked in, she stopped when she saw the guy next to Payal, Payal flashed her mom a naughty grin and Maya chuckled...
Payal  was a carbon copy of Maya when it came to her looks as well as her character... Like mother like daughter thought Maya as she smiled at the guy, Payal opened her mouth to make introductions but she was lost since she couldn't even remember his name… Maya caught the lost look on Payal's face…
"Come on Pia, stop struggling with your brain, I can see that you don't remember his name, not to worry, I will ask him myself "
Payal laughed hearing her mother speak, her mother knew her so well after all...
"Hey champ, I am Maya, Pia's mother, forgive my daughter's lapse of memory, do tell me your name ?? "
The guy grinned, it was not everyday that he ran into an uber cool mother who had no issues meeting guys who slept around with her daughter...
"Hello Maya, I am Rick, I am in India on a 10 day trip and met Pia at the disco last night, got to tell you that she is one cool chick I have met here, she gave me one hell of a night yesterday !! "
Maya laughed hearing Rick compliemt Pia...
"Am sure Pia gave you a hard time, she is my daughter  after all , sorry to wake you up so early Rick but Pia needs to get dressed soon, bad news for Pia on the way, its time for her to get hitched so that she makes a respectable wife in the society !! "
Payal gave a horrified gasp, she could see her spinster days finally coming to an end, it looked like her mom  had finally found her someone, she looked at Rick who was laughing his insides out seeing her stunned expression, he came over to her and pecked her on her lips…
"Good luck Pia, I am sure you are going to seduce who so ever the lucky loser is, it was fun meeting you, take care and once again, thank you for the wild night !! "
As soon as Rick left, Payal rounded on Maya...
"what the hell mom ?? who is it now that you have found who you think is suitable for me to settle down ?? "
Maya laughed seeing the annoyed expression on her daughter's face...
" Cheer up Pia, The family is one of the richest in Delhi, they are known all over the world and you can call it our good luck that they asked for your hand in marriage for one of their sons !! am talking about the Raizadas, they have asked  Khushi for Arnav and You for Akash, their 2 sons !! you know how men are, once you are married, you can have them on your fingertips !! now smile sweetheart, I want you to floor the Raizadas on the first glance itself "
Payal smiled as she heard her mother, she had heard of the Raizadas, they were one of the richest as well as influential crowd in Delhi, she didn't give a damn about Arnav liking Khushi but she was determined to make sure that Akash liked her. She knew these rich families and how they worked, beneath the social facade of a happy family, all these people had a life they guarded from the public and Payal was sure that the Raizadas were no less,  if she wanted Arnav later on, she was sure she could seduce him as well, considering the fact that he was getting Khushi, it was going to be easy to snare him as well.
Hours later at the Raizada Mansion.
The Guptas had arrived with their daughters Payal and Khushi, Payal had herself all decked while Khushi had chosen to stick to a simple sari, they were received by Sayali and Alaka who immediately crushed them in a huge hug, Sayali had already informed Samar about the plan and he was all geared up to see his sons fall in love.
Khushi felt a warmth that she hadn't felt in years as Sayali and Alaka hugged her, when they smiled at her, she could see the sincerity reflecting in their eyes, maybe they were a bad lot after all but she quickly chided herself for losing grip...
"Comeon Khushi, you just met them, don't be in a rush to judge them, who knows what lives they lead beneath their happy smiles " Khushi admonished herself as Alaka lead Khushi and Payal inside...
Just then Arnav and Akash walked down and Payal and Khushi halted in their tracks...
Payal had eyes only for Arnav, he looked like he was walking straight out from a Mills&Boons love saga, all she could think of was how to get him to bed with her !!
Khushi felt the air leaving her as she saw Arnav who had eyes just for her, though she hadn't recognised him, she felt  an odd pull towards him, her heart fluttering at an insane pace.
The world became invisible as Arnav stared at Khushi, she looked ethereal in her pale yellow sari with red thread work on its ends, her make up minimal, she was a vision he couldn't take his eyes off from, he could see that she was as affected by him as he was by her but even as he watched, he saw the change that went over her, her eyes which were momentarily lost in his becamecol d, he could see the shutters coming down as she turned cold, the pain he had seen in her eyes in the photo coming visible again.
Akash saw Payal all decked up and he gave a slight smile, looked like she came all ready to get married on the same day itself, he gave a small chuckle as he came and stood in front of Payal...
"Hi Payal, I am Akash , finally happy to see you "
Payal gaped as she saw Akash , so the one she wanted was Arnav but what she landed up with was Akash, well she would slowly seduce Arnav as well, right now it was Mission Akash for her.
"Hi Akash,Mom spoke a lot about you, I am happy to finally meet you. "!!
Maya smiled as she saw Payal warming upto Akash while Sayali and Alaka laughed seeing the 2 love struck men of their house. Samar and Raj walked off to meet the rest of the guests while the ladies left the 2 couples to themselves.
Arnav smiled at Khushi who gave nothing but a cold stare...
"Hi Khushi, I am Arnav, why don't we go for a walk around the garden, somewhere we can actually talk without all the noise and commotion ?? "
Khushi glared at Arnav, it seemed like Arnav was all out to impress with his chivalrous charms but she wasn't ready to fall an easy prey  !!
"Sure Mr.Raizada, we really need to talk, thats the reason I am here !! "
Arnav was surprised hearing her sharp tone, he realised then that getting Khushi to love him back was easier said than done !!
Arnav took Khushi out into the garden, they kept walking in silence, Khushi finally spotted a secluded clearing and lead him towards the spot, Arnav was surprised at her spot selection since she had chosen his favourite place in their garden.
Arnav : Do you do mind reading Khushi ?? How did you happen to pick my favourite place in the garden for our conversation ??
Khushi cut him off...
Khushi: why are you doing this Arnav ?? Is it because your mother wants you to get married to a girl from a respectable rich family in Delhi ??
Is it because of my money ??
Is it because you want a trophy wife whom you want to flaunt in front of the society while you spend your nights in the arms of the different women who throw themselves at you ??
Or is it that you are truly innocent and you love me ?? if thats the case then its better you know me fully before you start loving me !!
Arnav was shocked at the crunching bluntness of her questions, he could see an ocean of pain hurt and betrayal beneath the cold facade of her eyes, he could see a tortured soul and her questions proved his suspicions right !!
Arnav : Khushi, shall I answer your questions one by one ?? and I want you to look into my eyes as I answer your questions.
True that Maa and Alaka got me and Akash proposals from your house, because like any other mother or sister, they want to see Akash and me married and settled.
I am not after your money Khushi, money isn't the center of my world, true that I am rich but that's doesn't make me a greedy bas***d who wants a girl just because she is rich.
True that I have women who throw themselves at me everywhere I go, true that they want to be on my bed, you may find it hard to accept but I am a one woman man Khushi,I have always been waiting for my girl to come along !! Alaka gave me your photo today morning Khushi and I am being very honest with you, It was like meeting the princess of my dreams, and I also know its not the same for you, I can see the pain in your eyes, I know you are breaking inside and I  intend to know you fully before I expect you to love e back the way I love you.
I don't want a trophy wife Khushi, I want you as my wife, I know I cant love anyone else anymore, ever since the time I saw you today morning, I know its going to be you always for me.
There is no rush Khushi, you can accept me or love me when you trust me completely.
Khushi was lost as she listened to Arnav, there was an honesty in his words, a sincerity in his eyes that she couldn't deny, his words were honest, shockingly enough the fact that he had understood her pain, his confession that he loved her and that he would wait, it all scared her, she had never been lucky in love, all the people who had loved her had faced a horrific end, her mother had left her when she was barely a child, Rahul lost his life just because he had made a mistake of being a part of her life. She didn't want Arnav's name added to that list !!
Khushi: Arnav my life is complicated, I am not the kind of girl a family like yours would want, I am broken in ways that you cant imagine, I am too damaged and battered,I carry a lifetime full of painful memories from my past, the ghosts of my past continue to haunt me, as for your brother Akash, I don't know him but I know my step sister, its not right on my part to tarnish her image but she isn't what you can call respectable. An alliance with the Guptas might increase your social stature and power in the society but it can cost you your family's happiness !!
Arnav was once again struck by the brutal honesty of her words, it only increased his determination to make this angel fall in love with him.
Arnav:  Khushi I understand that there is a lot about you and your family that I need to know, why don't you give me a chance to know you ?? why don't try and see if you can love me the way I love you ?? we can take it slow, lets say 6 months for the sake of our families,you and I can get to know each other, I promise you Khushi,there wont be any change in my feelings for you but I need this chance with Khushi, I need you to take a leap of faith with me. Just try once and if you cant , I will leave you to live your life the way you want to but try just once, for me !!
Khushi was lost now, she couldn't understand Arnav !! why would anyone want to put in so much effort for a girl whom he had just met ?? How could she tell him NO when he was being totally fair to her feelings. He was ready to know her past totally and yet sure that nothing could alter his feelings for her, he was already giving space for her  feelings, she couldn't understand him yet but she knew she had to take this chance !!
Khushi gave a silent nod, the smile that her silent nod brought on his face startled her, he pulled her up and gave her a quick hug before letting her go, Khushi was too stunned to react...
Arnav: lets go find our families Khushi, we need to let them know our decision.
Khushi gave him a disconcerted nod and was about to move forward when Arnav slightly pulled her back into his arms and  placed a kiss on her cheeks before whispering into her ears as he looked into her eyes...
Arnav : Khushi I don't know who left that hand print of a slap on your  face but I promise you , no one will dare to touch you or hurt you again !!
Khushi stared in shock as she placed her hands on the side of her cheek where he had just kissed her, she remembered Maya slapping her that morning. She was too shocked to react, she had no idea how had noticed the faint barely visible handprint !!
She gave him a smile...
"Dont make promises that you cant keep Arnav !! "
Arnav smiled at her...
" I intend to keep all the promises I make to you until my last breath Khushi " !!

6 comments: