Tuesday 2 July 2013

SS Faltering Footsteps - Boojh Part 2 ( by Jenna )


Some of these short stories are graphical and contain some elements which some readers might find disturbing so reader discretion is strongly advised.



Part 2: Written by me (LondonChick)



What was Arnav meant to say to that? What was anyone meant to say when they found out that the mother they had idolised their whole life was nothing but a cold blooded murder? That too, of her own granddaughter? How does anyone come to terms with something like that? Arnav looked down at the girl who was wrapped in his arms trembling from fear. She had suffered for so long in silence. Why had she not said anything? And damn it why had he not seen the signs?



'Khushi look at me' said Arnav as he gently let go of her and lifted her face up to meet his. 'Baby, I am going to fix this okay? Khushi why did you keep it from me for so long? Right now I feel like a failure of a husband and a father. Our baby was not lost Khushi she was killed. And I will not let anyone get away with that no matterwho it was. Baby, don't be scared. I am with you. Nothing will happen to our baby this time Khushi, nothing' said Arnav as he wrapped his arms around Khushi once more in a snug embrace. 'You trust me don't you?' asked Arnav. He did not have to wait for her reply he could feel the movement of her head nodding a yes.



Khushi and he had had an arranged marriage. It was arranged yes, but not forced. Slowly after marriage their relationship had steadily progressed until one day they had become each other's lives. Even though Arnav had not been in love with Khushi on their wedding day he had still fully intended to carry out the promises he had made to her. One of those promises had been to love her and treasure her for eternity. He thought he had been doing that all along. But here in this moment he found out something else. He had failed her.  She had gone through hell and back literally and he had no idea.  



Arnav had always known that women had been strong characters. If anything their strength could overpower that of a man. Why? Because, a woman's strength came from her heart. It came from pure emotions that were completely selfless unlike that of a man's. But looking down at the woman curled up in his hands his respect for women increased by leaps and bounds.  She was stronger than anyone he had ever known.



'Arnav I did it for you. I love you more than I thought ever possible. I did not even know my heart was capable of loving someone so much. Arnav I know what it feels like to not have a mother in your life. I just did not want to be the reason why you and Mama had a falling out. Arnav you have given me the whole world. It was the least I could do for you in return' said Khushi. Arnav could feel a lump in his thoart. He knew at this moment words would fall short for him. So he did the next best thing he could and placed a long lingering kiss on the nape of her nape.



Arnav had been unaware before. But now he was not. And he would be damned if he would let anyone do anything to his unborn baby or his wife. Women were to be honoured, loved and cherished not abused off. 'Come with me Khushi' he said as he lifted her up gently and took her downstairs with him.



'Mama. We need to talk' said Arnav. 'What's wrong son?' said his mum getting up from the sofa looking at his expression. 'You know damn well what's wrong Mama . Don't pretend. How dare you do that to MY wife?! How dare you abort my child without telling me? Who gave you the right to do that Mama who?' yelled Arnav. 'Son, please understand' said his mother. 'I did this for you. I did it so you could get a son and expand your lineage' explained his mother. 'How dare you Mama?! You had no right! How can you be such an educated woman, have daughters yourself and then think such sick things?!



I don't care whether I have a son or a daughter all I am concerned with is the fact that the child is my baby! Do you comprehend that Mama?! Don't force me to leave this house and go right when Anjali is about to get married. What will your damn society say when they see that I have left a few months before my younger sister is about to get married? Mama if my wife does not get the respect and status she deserves and my baby as well then I will not be held responsible for my actions. You got that?!' yelled Arnav as he entwined his fingers with Khushi dragging her back up the stairs leaving behind his seething mother.


2 comments:

  1. so here monster-in-law,,, Arnav's mother who is creating problemsin ArHi's life and the concept you raised the female child klling, loved it dear and the the parents being ArHi and fighting for right of their baby girl to born,,, SALUTE

    loved the update

    Neag
    (india-forums)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue this story soon please..

    ReplyDelete